Project Description - The Digital Divide

Today the world has close to 7 Billion people. Barely a quarter of this population have access to Information and communication technologies. This Gap is what represents the digital divide. It is a term that was very prevalent in the 90s at the inception of the Internet but today although digital divide still exists the discussion is how cost effective the access to ICT can be achieved and the impact of lack of it thereof in the society. As such, Digital Divide, be it caused by higher cost of connection or government control, social economic levels, geographical location etc, has both positive and negative effects on social, economic and political Structures of the society. In my research I will, through case studies, examine and analyze the impact of digital divide on the three pillars of the society. My Research shall include and not be limited to the advantages and disadvantages there in. Then I will address the possible solutions to bridging the Digital Divide or gap. 

Yorumlar

  1. First, I must say that I like the graphics and layout of your blog! It's really nice.

    I think your research topic addresses a real issue. I can even think of local examples of the digital divide. For instance, the older generation of US residents, many of whom reside in rural areas, and may be able to access the technology but have no clue how to use it. I've personally seen it. Some retired and retiring citizens whose occupations never required extensive everyday use of current technology, feel lost in today's rapid information society.

    YanıtlaSil

Yorum Gönder

Popüler Yayınlar